Map Navigation (Pan/Zoom) not working in Chrome at API v3.4

03-26-2013 06:38 AM
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II
Is anyone else seeing that map navigation (pan, zoom in/out) is broken in Chrome at ArcGIS JS API v3.4? 

I have tried several samples and map navigation is not working at all in Chrome.  The same samples work fine in firefox and IE.  Samples using older version of the API (3.2, 3.3) navigation works fine in Chrome.  I have even taken a 3.4 sample and pointed it to 3.3 and navigation starts to work, so I believe this is a possible new bug.

I have the latest version of Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 m

Simon
0 Kudos
22 Replies
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Working fine for me using the same version of Chrome.  I just tried testing the directions widget under latest samples.
0 Kudos
SimonFisher
Just tried another machine with same version of chrome and you're right 3.4 samples are working fine.  Must be some strange setting or issue in chrome on that particular machine. Still strange that I only see the issue for v3.4 of the api and no previous versions, so it's something newly introduced or from the newer version of dojo.
0 Kudos
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
Have you tried clearing the browser cache in Chrome on the computer where it wasn't working? (Ctrl + Shift + Delete)
0 Kudos
JeffreySchmidt
New Contributor II
I ran into the same issue... probably a few ways to solve it, but a restart of the computer fixed it for me...
0 Kudos
HyrumErnstrom
New Contributor III
Same issue, I can't pan or zoom.

Windows 8, Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 m

Works fine in IE 10
0 Kudos
JoeDeWitt
New Contributor
Same here. When I restart Windows 8 I can pan/zoom for  a while. Not sure what exactly makes it stop working yet. Works fine in IE10
0 Kudos
Joachim_EckboJuell
New Contributor III
I have the same problem. In the last few releases of the JS API (I think its after 3.1), map navigation in Chrome and Firefox has stopped working (mouse and keyboard - everything except clicking the +/- buttons). IE 10 works fine. And all the browsers works fine on other machines. I'm running W8. It's quite disturbing to all of a sudden have to do all my JS development in IE 🙂

It would be great if someone could come up with a "fix" for this...
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
It would be great if someone could come up with a "fix" for this...

I haven't seen this. It'll be tough to get any kind of fix without a repro case. Any ideas on what causes this to happen?
0 Kudos
TedLucas1
New Contributor
I noticed the same problem, application worked in Chrome with API 3.3 but when I upgrade to 3.4, the pan and zoom functionality breaks.  Still seems to work in IE10 & Safari.
0 Kudos