Map dragging instead of vertex moving when editing in 4.x version?

12-28-2019 12:03 PM
DenisRomanovas
New Contributor II

Hi, I implemented graphic editing using esri/widgets/Sketch/SketchViewModel and I notice that there are a lot of times when I get map dragging instead graphic or it's vertex moving... I am using update() method with "reshape" tool.

I mean: I am hovering over editable feature or it's vertex, than I am clicking and dragging that feature or it's vertex... but I get only map dragging instead of that feature editing... It occurs sometimes, not all the time... I guess it depends on computer. It may be more pronounced on slower computers.

It is quite annoying for an user. Is it a known bug/feature/poor implementation of editing?

P. S. I am working with polygons, but I can reproduce it on your sample Editor widget with configurations | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.14 too.

Just mark some line for editing, hover over vertex (it visually becomes bigger) and don't hesitate to drag that vertex. I get map dragging almost all the time  

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AnandPaleja
New Contributor III

would like to know what is the status of this as I am also facing this same issue in 4.17, delayed response in creating shapes and editing while using SketchpViewModel based custom tool. 

0 Kudos
JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

I've found a consistent and reproducible case for this kind of behavior that may be the cause of what you're experiencing.  Please see this post:

SketchViewModel geometry editing bug 4.19

0 Kudos