Make labels clickable in feature layer

Jump to solution
04-29-2021 01:51 PM
Phenom
by
New Contributor II

So I have some text symbols in a feature layer with a labellingInfo field that uses a textSymbol to label some points.  The labels however don't get returned in the hitTest when clicked. What I'm trying to do is when the label is clicked highlight the feature.  This works fine for when the actual point/feature is clicked but I want the same thing to happen with the labels.  Is that possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Phenom, thanks for the question. Currently, this is not possible. However, this is on our labeling roadmap and we hope to have this functionality at a future release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Phenom, thanks for the question. Currently, this is not possible. However, this is on our labeling roadmap and we hope to have this functionality at a future release.

0 Kudos
Phenom
by
New Contributor II

Was pretty sure this was the case, thanks for the reply and confirming that for me

SimonGIS
New Contributor III

Hi @Noah-Sager - is there an ETA for when this might make its way into a future release?

We have very similar requirments to highlight onHover, and open a URL onClick.

We believe we might be able to get around it with a CIMSymbol, but prefer to work with labels.

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @SimonGIS, unfortunately, we do not have an ETA at this time. We currently have several labeling enhancements in the pipeline. However, I have this thread saved, and will reply here when we have an update to share.

ecogabe
New Contributor

What's the status of this feature? Can you link the roadmap?

0 Kudos