Looking for a good Table of Contents sample

06-27-2011 06:25 PM
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
The samples page is curiously missing a decent Table of Contents example. There's the Toggle Layer Visibility sample but that's about it.

Does can anyone point me to a decent Table of Contents sample for the JavaScript API? I need the ability to:

• support feature layers, cached layers and dynamic layers

• zoom to extent

• toggle on/off

• show the symbology

• support transparency

The example here is promising but not quite right, and doesn't seem to support feature layers.

The TOC in the maps you can create at ArcGIS.com is perfect - can we easily get to this functionality?

Thanks,
Steve
0 Kudos
3 Replies
HemingZhu
Occasional Contributor III
The samples page is curiously missing a decent Table of Contents example. There's the Toggle Layer Visibility sample but that's about it.

Does can anyone point me to a decent Table of Contents sample for the JavaScript API? I need the ability to:

• support feature layers, cached layers and dynamic layers

• zoom to extent

• toggle on/off

• show the symbology

• support transparency

The example here is promising but not quite right, and doesn't seem to support feature layers.

The TOC in the maps you can create at ArcGIS.com is perfect - can we easily get to this functionality?

Thanks,
Steve

Just a coment. I think it will be nice for ESRI to develop a TOC widget. It's useful, practical and saving us (developers) lots time.
0 Kudos
NianweiLiu
Occasional Contributor II
0 Kudos
StephenLead
Regular Contributor III
Nianwei, this looks fantastic. Thanks!
0 Kudos