LabelClass or TextSymbol in v4 beta 3?

03-10-2016 03:09 PM
MarcBate
Occasional Contributor II

I was able to use TextSymbol3D to create 3D text labels, but not having any luck creating 2D labels.  I took the sample:

ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox

and instead of using the markerSymbol for the pointGraphic's symbol, I created a TextSymbol, but get Uncaught TypeError: c.getSVGAlign is not a function in the MapView.js

var textSymbol = new TextSymbol({

size: 12,

text: "My Label"

});

//Create a graphic and add the geometry and symbol to it

var pointGraphic = new Graphic({

geometry: point,

symbol: textSymbol

});

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marc,

Could you provide a link to a sample app? I wasn't able to reproduce this error. I used the same sample and the text appears as I expect it to.

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 4.48.15 PM.png

0 Kudos
MarcBate

Here's a sample that I can't get to work

Edit fiddle - JSFiddle

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry, Marc. I must have been testing against our most recent API build when I originally responded. This does appear to be a bug in beta 3. The good news is that it has already been fixed on our end and you will be able to do this when 4.0 final is released.

0 Kudos
MarcBate

Thanks.  Do you know about what percentage of the functionality in 3.16 will be in 4.0 final?  Last I saw it was scheduled for Q1.  Any update on that?

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

We plan on sharing a matrix that displays the features that will be supported compared to 3.16. Not sure when that will go out. The plan is to release 4.0 final in Q2.