Kinetic Panning Via The ESRI JavaScript API

09-29-2012 11:37 PM
jeffpalus
New Contributor III
Just to be consitent with other ESRI web mapping API's, please add kinetic scrolling (aka inertia scrolling) feature, like the way the map pan move in bing & google maps. When you pan around on the map, the expected behaviour is for the map the continue to slide proportionally to the speed you dragged/panned the map.

When the user drag the map, the map moves smoothly.
When the user release the left mouse button the map does not stop straight, but stops by the power of dragging the map you made.
0 Kudos
35 Replies
ryanmordoff
New Contributor II
Is the live demo no longer working?  I can't seem to access it.

Sorry, updated the link.  Give this a try - http://rymor.github.io/esri-kinetic-panning/examples/index.html
0 Kudos
jeffpalus
New Contributor III
r.mordoff: whoo thanks! it look very good and work well!
ESRI: Please add this function to the API.
0 Kudos
AmitKulkarni1
New Contributor
+1

Kinetic panning should be included in JS API, github code works with some tweaks with JS API 3.7. One additional tweak I would prefer, to land on an extent consistently such that the tiles it creates in Server 10.1 due to dynamic caching become more consistent.
0 Kudos
jeffpalus
New Contributor III
ESRI: When will it be available?
0 Kudos
jeffpalus
New Contributor III

ESRI, any news???

we are still waiting for your response... Please add this feature......

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

jeff palus‌  The ESRI Forums or the GEONET is not the right channel to let ESRI know about your concern or get an official word from ESRI.

I would suggest contacting ESRI Tech-Support to get an official word regarding this and let them know about your concerns.

0 Kudos