JSAPI Telemetry Question

Jump to solution
04-12-2021 07:05 AM
EdFarrell2
New Contributor

My team has a need to collect client side telemetry from the ArcGIS JavaScript API within a web application to measure things like map load times, layer load times, pan/zoom performance, etc. My question is are there any utilities out there that hook into the ArcGIS JavaScript API and report via tools like (Google Analytics, Dynatrace, Web Trends, Azure App Insights, AWS Pinpoint, etc.)? I was able to find this https://www.npmjs.com/package/@esri/telemetry but I cannot find the corresponding GitHub page (looks like its been moved, or deprecated). Any help or suggestions are appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @EdFarrell2  - while the esri/telemetry package is used in some Esri web applications, it's not for public usage - which is why you can't find much public info about it. You would need another solution.

There isn't anything OOTB as far as I know. You could use Google Analytics (or whatever you prefer) to log client-side in your application. But you would have to wire it up yourself.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @EdFarrell2  - while the esri/telemetry package is used in some Esri web applications, it's not for public usage - which is why you can't find much public info about it. You would need another solution.

There isn't anything OOTB as far as I know. You could use Google Analytics (or whatever you prefer) to log client-side in your application. But you would have to wire it up yourself.

0 Kudos