JSAPI 3.14 released July 15, 2015

07-16-2015 07:48 AM
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Version 3.14 of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript has been released. Read about it in the blog http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2015/07/15/arcgis-api-for-javascript-version-3-14-released// or check out the details in the Whats New https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/jshelp/whats_new.html​.

Tags (3)
9 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Some suggestions on the LayerList class, since it's still officially in Beta. I'm basing these off a preliminary test using this sample, which purposely uses a map service with many groups and layers with scale ranges

• add the ability to collapse the sublayers when their parent layer is turned off
  • add the ability to exclude layers from a layer (for example, I'd only like to see the Beaches group)
  • indicate which layers are not visible due to being outside the scale limit (see Beach Status layers)

It would be helpful to have a sample that doesn't use a web map. The sample provided is a little confusing at first, since it uses the layer property in the constructor that isn't in the documentation. There's a layer object in the layers property, however. But if you use it like this

var myWidget = new LayerList({
    map: map,
    layer: testLayer
}, "layerList");

then the base map is also included.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Should also consider:

- Combined Legend / TOC

- roll up sublayers when parent collapsed, and make sure all checkboxes are synced

(They were not, on the sample. Sublayers remained checked when parent was turn off.)

- Transparency slider

- add + and - or ► and next to the left of each parent layer in TOC to imply it is expandable.

- tooltip hint to user on hovering over greyed scale-dependent layers, to "zoom in to see the layer" or something to that effect.

Anyone else interested in Legend in TOC?

PatrickWild3
New Contributor III

There seems to be an issue with the compact library?

Testing the install in my development space no map will render and I receive no console errors.

Is this a know issue?

Thanks,

PW

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, there is a known issue with 3.14compact.  It will be patched tonight hopefully.

In the meantime, if you zoom in you will see the map...

AyakoSUZUKI
New Contributor III

Hi Bjorn,

It seems that 3.14 compact build still has issue.

If you have any information, I would like to know when it will be fixed.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
AyakoSUZUKI
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response.

It seems that downloading version of 3.14 compact build is not working correctly.

I can see the map when I zoom in though.

Patrick wrote that "Testing the install in my development space.... ",

So I thought you are talking about downloading version.

Sorry for my misunderstanding and not providing enough information.

Also I got an answer form Esri support service today.

The answer is that the issue will be fixed in version 3.15 release.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Bjorn. You weren't kidding when you said very soon.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

All right, so this update 3.14 is heavy and really awesome.

Elevation Profile widget! Nice. Can we use our own lidar data DEM?  Seems like it takes a GPServer (ElevationProfile | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript ) i.e. Tools/ElevationSync (GPServer)​  as an option. If we set our own up and wire it to our local LIDAR I guess we should be able to?  If so, that's huge.

LayerList..this is big.  A really important component (if they combine Legend and tweak UI).

Great work ESRI guys and gals, thank you. People will definitely be able to put this to use!

0 Kudos