JavaScript API v3.5 SimpleRender

08-06-2014 03:43 PM
JoshuaCorcoran
New Contributor II

Good Afternoon Everyone. I am finally branching out of the WPF and SL API's into the JavaScript API. I have been working this for a couple days now and just don’t know if I am at a limitation of the API version I am using or if it’s a simple mistake. I am using v3.5 of the Javascript API and have included a copy of the code in the attachment. Basically everything is working find until I set the render to the dynamic map service layer. Once I

add the render nothing shows up. If it’s a limitation of the version we can stand up the newest but I wanted to run it by you first to make sure it's not a

dumb mistake. I had to remove the full server uri's because I am on a closed network but it should be easy enough to re-create. Thanks in advance.

V/R,

Josh

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenEarley
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Joshua,

This may be an issue with the version on the ArcGIS Server that you are running more than the API version.

I have noticed that some example code I created works with a 10.2 server but not with a 10.0 server (both are ESRI sample servers).

Example 1 - 10.2 LayerDrawingOptions

Example 2 - 10.0 LayerDrawingOptions

The code is the same - the only change is the different layer id on the old server.

It would be good if someone else can confirm the server version is the issue.

Also, make sure that your JS code doesn't mix the old style coding pattern with the new AMD module loading pattern. For example:

var drawingOptions = new esri.layers.LayerDrawingOptions();

Should just be:

var drawingOptions = new LayerDrawingOptions();

Regards,

Owen

Spatial XP

0 Kudos