javascript API example for consuming an ArcGIS 10 Image Service

Jump to solution
04-16-2012 01:23 PM
ToddSmith4
New Contributor II
I created a large mosaic image service using ArcGIS Server 10.  I'm looking for a javascript API example to select and render individual rasters datasets from that mosaic.  I see the REST API for the service, but thought there might be an easy way to integrate this into my existing javascript client.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
that was easy... I just constructed a REST call to my image service with the appropriate parameters.

That's what you'll have to do...we don't have any classes in the API (yet) to work with ArcGIS Server Image Services.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ToddSmith4
New Contributor II
that was easy... I just constructed a REST call to my image service with the appropriate parameters.  I am getting a strange darkening of my base map image however.
0 Kudos
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Can you post the code please?

0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
that was easy... I just constructed a REST call to my image service with the appropriate parameters.

That's what you'll have to do...we don't have any classes in the API (yet) to work with ArcGIS Server Image Services.
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Todd, can you post your code so we can  see what's the problem?
In 10.1 you have more functionality in rest for image server http://resourcesbeta.arcgis.com/en/help/rest/apiref/index.html
0 Kudos
AllisonAnderson
New Contributor III
It would be great to see the code.  I'm trying to do the same thing, but am really new to javascript.  I'm not sure what you mean a REST call.

I'm actually trying to call the specific image by clicking on a row in a datagrid.  Is that even possible?
0 Kudos