Javascript API 10 key panning

04-09-2015 10:17 AM
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

John Gravois​, Matt Driscoll​ or Kelly Hutchins

There looks to be a bug in the JS API with the geocoder tool. I explained this issue here: Javascript geocoder 10 key panning and a fix was found. Is this ever going to be pushed into the full api release? Should I report this in a different way? Thanks for all your help.

-Stan

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Hey Stan, This looks to be in the latest release already. Is there still an issue? If so, I'll open an issue. If you have any code demonstrating it, that would be helpful

Also, I recommend using the new Search widget instead of the geocoder.

Search | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

Matt,

If you look at Geocoder Widget  for example and you click in the geocoder box and start typing using the 10 key then move your mouse over the map but not over the widget then it pans the map and does not input numbers into the geocoder.

The geocoder widget is the one that is available in the Web appbuilder by default. The current default settings for that widget require it to have at least one locator in the drop down and no way to combine them all into a single search option. I am using the Developer edition, however I do not get the same results when using WAB from AGOL.

Let me know if you need more information to pin point this.

Thanks

-Stan

0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Thanks Stan. I'll open up an issue for it to get fixed for the next API release.

I think the web app builder will use the Search widget instead of the Geocoder soon.

StanMcShinsky

Will it allow for combining of the searches and locators to a single space or would i need to use the drop down to pick what search I want to use? I like the option at least to select "all" like this Search multiple sources | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 

-Stan

0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Yes, the Search widget will search and find suggestions for "all" or you can select one specific source to search. The option to select isn't shown if there is just one source.

MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

The geocoder widget code on github is updated if you'd like to use it.

StanMcShinsky

Thanks Matt,

I can wait for the next api update. That was a fast response.

-Stan

0 Kudos