Is it possible to conditionally show fields in a popup template?

07-08-2016 11:06 AM
chuckfrank
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to condition show fields in the content of a PopupTemplate?  For example, if field 1 = "A", can I display field 2 and if field 1 = "B" can I display field 3?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I'd say not without doing some work on your own. I think you'd have to utilize a custom function to format the infoWindow's contents and use JS code to evaluate whether or not to show a given field. Something kind of like this:

template = new InfoTemplate();
        template.setContent(SetPopupInfo);

function SetPopupInfo(graphic) {
        //Function to compile the information to present in a feature identify window
        var fullAttr = graphic.attributes;
        var content;

content = '<table width=\"100%\"><tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">Road Name:</td><td style=\"padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">' + fullAttr.rdName + '</td></tr>';
        if (fullAttr.status == 'CLOSED') {
            content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">Status:</td><td style=\"color:red;font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">' + fullAttr.status + '</td></tr>';
        } else {
            content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">Status:</td><td style=\"color:green;font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">' + fullAttr.status + '</td></tr>';
        }
        content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">Start of Closure:</td><td style=\"padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">' + fullAttr.cl_Start + '</td></tr>';
        content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">End of Closure:</td><td style=\"padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">' + fullAttr.cl_End + '</td></tr>';

if (fullAttr.status == 'CLOSED') {
            content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">Closure Date:</td><td style=\"3padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top">' + formatDate(adjClosureDate) + ' @ ' + adjClosureTime + '</td></tr>';
        } else {
            content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">Closure Date:</td><td style=\"3padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top">' + formatDate(adjClosureDate) + ' @ ' + adjClosureTime + '</td></tr>';
            content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top\">Date Re-opened:</td><td style=\"3padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;vertical-align:top">' + formatDate(adjOpenDate) + ' @ ' + adjOpenTime + '</td></tr>';
        }
        content = content + '<tr><td style=\"font-weight:bold;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">Reason:</td><td tyle=\"padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px\">' + fullAttr.reason + '</td></tr></table>';
        return content;
    }

As you can see, the value of the attribute field STATUS dictates what and how something is shown in the infoWindow.

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

This is what the two options would look like in the app:

infoWindow01.jpginfoWindow02.jpg

0 Kudos
chuckfrank
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately, this approach is not working in 4.0 with a PopupTemplate.

// CODE

var wrpProjectsPopupTemplate = new PopupTemplate({

title: "{MapLayer}",

content: setPopupTemplateContent()

});

function setPopupTemplateContent(graphic) {

try {

var attr = graphic.attributes;  -- getting error the graphic is undefined

return attr;

}

catch (err)

{

return err.message;

}

}

I may see if I can either get the graphic on a map click of the view or find an alternative the the PopupTemplate.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chuck,

Setting the popups content by function is not available yet in 4.0.

chuckfrank
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for providing that informaiton.  Is there any link where people can see what is being developed for the next release of 4.0 and/or what the schedule is?

Thanks,

Chuck

0 Kudos
chuckfrank
Occasional Contributor