Google maps in ESRI web application

Jump to solution
07-10-2020 10:34 AM
SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

We would like to use google maps in ESRI web application, Can someone please answer below queries

1. Is it possible to use Google Basemaps in ArcGIS Web Maps using esri JavaScript API ?
2. Can we use Google live traffic service in ArcGIS Web Maps ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Use of Google maps in products other then the Google Maps API is a violation of their terms of service and is forbidden. 

SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

Thanks for quick reply, but is there any other way to use other than google maps API.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No.

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Robert is correct. But you know what's not a violation? Migrating from Google Maps to the JS API:

Migrating from Google Maps JavaScript API to ArcGIS API for JavaScript | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4... 

SrinivasaRao1
New Contributor III

Thank you for providing information.

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

It's absolutely 100% possible, but it's frowned upon by the GIS community for some reason.  Just do a google (LOL) search for "add google maps to agol".  It's the solcalgis link that shows how to do it.  I've been using that method since 2009 and it still works.  

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

I've been running red lights since 2009 (kidding of course) -  technically 100% possible.. neither are 'legal'.  ESRI and Google relationship dissolved some time ago. Neither allow either to mix their products since 10.3. next up:  how to scrape tiles for free!  After that:  using Geocoders in batches for free!

0 Kudos
DavidForbuss1

It's amazing to me how many GIS professionals moonlight as copyright claim lawyers.  

0 Kudos