Geocode Pricing in Apps

11-19-2019 02:20 PM
AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III

Four Questions:

Based on the below statement (image):

The price is based on “Developer Subscription” however; our application will be in Business and Production. (1) Do we meet the license term?

It’s free for 1M accesses per month. (2) What happens (and the cost) if we need 1++M accesses per month?

Based on the below statement (image), we don’t need to pay (Geocode/Place Search APIs)… (3) if we don’t store any queried results into our persistent storage (database or file). Right?  (4) If users want to store their home or work location in the app for later use, is “stored” geocoding used for this purpose say, if they search and zoom to find their home address first?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

I would recommend contacting your Account Representative if you have one, or Sales if you do not.

1) Pay as you go pricing | ArcGIS for Developers 

2) Contact Esri

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

I have contacted them as well, Thanks!. Any idea about  #4?

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

(4) If users want to store their home or work location in the app for later use, is “stored” geocoding used for this purpose say, if they search and zoom to find their home address first?

What does it mean to store their home or work location in the app? 

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

It was explained to me like a collection of locations saved for another time, such as bookmarks. It would be stored locally on the phone/app.

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

A sales or account rep would be the best person to explain pricing and conditions. Sorry, just noticed that you've already review the info in the link below...

From a technical perspective, here is one last bit of doc worth reviewing:

findAddressCandidates—ArcGIS REST API: World Geocoding Service | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos