Flicker in sceneview with mapimagelayers

12-20-2019 01:39 AM
ae
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm using version 4.13 with a sceneview with mapImageLayers on top. Unfortunately I'm experiencing a sort of flickering when the mapImageLayers are refreshed (i.e. when the extent is changed and new tiles are loaded). The ficker sometimes shows a black background for half a second. I've attached a gif to illustrate my problem. My graphicscard is  AMD FirePro W2100. However, I've tested this on many different machines and the flicker is always there. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you test this with the latest version, 4.14, and see if it's still an issue? And if it is still an issue, please provide a link to a sample that reproduces the issue?

0 Kudos
ae
by

Thanks for the reply Noah. I've found out that the problem only seems to occur in relation to switching between mapview and sceneview in an application. When trying with version 4.14 the black flicker seems to be gone (this was the main issue), but there is still an issue where the mapImageLayer sometimes sort of jumps when it is being redrawn (i.e. after pan/zoom). I've made a sample to illustrate the problem. In the sample you need to click the 3D button down in the left corner to switch to 3D, and then pan/zoom the map so that the mapImageLayer redraws. Please note that the "jumping" does not always happen. It's typically when there is a large portion of the layer that needs to be updated. The link to the sample is https://codepen.io/baaah/pen/mdyXexb?&editable=true&editors=100#anon-signup 

ae
by

Btw. The flicker problem is much more apparent if the mapImageLayer contains polygons. Here is an example: 

flicker

VeronikaLanders
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for the detailed information. We were able to reproduce the flickering issue left in 4.14 and plan to get this fixed at 4.15. 
Your input is very much appreciated.

Best,

Veronika