FeatureLayer.applyEdits() in geometric network layer

Jump to solution
08-08-2019 01:16 PM
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I'm am trying to create points using the Javascript 3.x API. Can I not apply edits on a layer that participates in a geometric network? Apply Edits works fine on a non-geometric network layer, but when I try to create a point on a network layer, I get "Unable to Complete Operation". 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

I am having a hard time finding the documentation that says this, but editing features that participate in a Geometric Network is Not supported. See this thread.

https://community.esri.com/thread/29552

View solution in original post

6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joel,

Please check detail error message the ArcGIS server manager log.

Normally arcgis server manager is like [your regular map service domain]/arcgis/rest/manager

0 Kudos
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

Hi Than,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been able to get much info from the error messages. Here is what I get (attached below). 

When I try and apply edits directly, through the REST API, I get an error that says:

Unable to complete operation.
Internal error during object insert.

Not sure what's going on here. I can apply edits on data in the same feature dataset, but the common denominator when the apply edits operation fails is when the data belongs to a geometric network. 

0 Kudos
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

I also just noticed that when (in code), I write something like console.log(featureLayer.isEditable()), it comes back as false. Which is strange, given my capabilities in the rest service. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

I am having a hard time finding the documentation that says this, but editing features that participate in a Geometric Network is Not supported. See this thread.

https://community.esri.com/thread/29552

JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert. 

I'll have to get a workaround in place. I asked ESRI about it, and they said it would theoretically work if my data was projected to web mercator aux sphere before I put it into the geometric network, (because the basemap and geometric data must be in the same projection) but it's not really a realistic solution. I tried creating a basemap in state plane, which is what my data is in, but I still couldn't edit the data over the web. So I've scrapped it, and  I'll figure something else out. 

0 Kudos
AlexisGieseker1
New Contributor

I know this is old but did you ever find a work around? Thanks! 

0 Kudos