Export Web Map Task: Failed to create layer from service

11-13-2015 07:01 AM
JamesSampica
New Contributor

I'm using Arcgis server 10.3 and am having trouble using Print | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

Some of my services are secured via tokens and I get access to my rest service directory through my webserver proxy. I am able to print unsecured services fine. Any secured services however return the error:

Unable to complete operation.

Error executing tool.: Layer "xx": Failed to create layer from service at http.../MapServer/xx. Failed to execute (Export Web Map). Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task).

If I directly copy the webmap JSON into the export task and run it this error also appears, leading me to believe this is a problem on the arcgis server side.

I found this relevant thread (Printing Secured Servies with Export web map task ) which seems to be my issue, but there is no apparent solution from there.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KousikM
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I think you need to create custom Printing Tools service to print maps that contains secured services.

Hope this will help you. Printing maps that contain secured services—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

JYI
by
Occasional Contributor

See the response in Print services not working correctly Portal for ArcGIS . 

Basically if your "Print" menu in a map of Portal has only two templates there, that means Portal is still using its default print service. That is our case. If so, you can remove the current print service from Organization -> Utility Services -> Printing, Save, and then add back the ArcGIS Server print service to Utility Services -> Printing. Now if you check the "Print" menu in a map, there will be more print templates available.

After that, from a Google Chrome incognito browser, you should be able to print the non-shared web map.  

0 Kudos