Edit feature slow performance first time

01-29-2018 07:02 AM
RodrigoFelga
New Contributor III

I have the following scenario:

A MXD containing about 60 layers divided in 5 featuredatasets, 2 of that datasets is registered as versioned.

The MXD is published in Arcgis Server with the Resource os MapServer and FeatureServer enabled. The servevice is configured with a maximum instances of 10 and minimum of 2. When I start, the service starts with 2 instaces "up" and I have no problem showing the map but when I try to edit a fetaure the first editing operation takes about 90 seconds to run (the service show that 1 instance is in use on ArcGIS Server Manager). The followings editing operations performs normally taking about 2 seconds to execute. This problem occurs only when edditing a feature with this featuredataset registered as versioned, with non versioned always runs fast.

My question is: Why this delay on the first operation if the instance is already running? Its possible to solve that?

P.S.: Sorry for my poor English.

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rodrigo,

What version of ArcGIS Server are you using?

0 Kudos
RodrigoFelga
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Server 10.5

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rodrigo,

I am not real sure what your issue is,

but what are your services settings for 

Specify Recycling Settings

Recycling shuts down the process and restarts it at regular intervals to help maintain performance and stability.

and

Specify Health Check Settings
Periodically check and repair data connections for idle instances
Check and repair instances every:

0 Kudos
RodrigoFelga
New Contributor III

Recicle every 24 hours starting 4:30 am

Check and repair instances every: 30 minutes

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rodrigo,

I recycle my high demand service every 6 hours.

0 Kudos
RodrigoFelga
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, I will change this setting but I don't think that's the problem decause the problem occurs the first time I try to call applyedits after the service is started, the others calls is ok.

RodrigoFelga
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, the problem continues. Any other advices?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rodrigo,

Could be something like this. I am not sure which enterprise DB you are using though.

SQL Server Wake-up 

0 Kudos
RodrigoFelga
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, I'm using oracle 11g and the problem only occurs with versioned datasets. I will send this to ESRI to see if they have a clue (I doubt)