Change or remove selection color?

Jump to solution
11-13-2014 07:04 AM
StaffanstorpsKommun
New Contributor III

Is it possible to change or remove the outline color when querying/selecting a feature? We have invisible polygons (no fill or outline color) which we want the user to be able to query and get a popup from in our web map. However, we don’t want the polygon to get selected with the default cyan color, since they are meant to be invisible. The map is an ArcGIS Online web map which is presented in a story map template, which we have downloaded to our web server. There is no “query”- or “onClick”-call in the js-code for the story map template, so we don’t know what to do?

19 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I like Brackets - A modern, open source code editor that understands web design.   which was originally suggested by you Robert.  But Notepad works for me too.....but refer to Robert's comment re: the minified.  as Robert knows best.

LeroyChristophersen
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert,

I have the Developer and am familiar with getting under the hood. However, recently I have had trouble with the workflow of AGOL integrating with developer.

Is there a recommended tutorial that goes through the best practices of using the Data from ArcGIS desktop/AGOL into developer?

BTW, I know you hear this and sometimes the dialogues or demands must be HUGE, but thanks for your expertise and sharing of your knowledge. The GIS world is fortunate to have you and people like you.

Leroy A. Christophersen

South Feather Water & Power Agency

2310 Oro Quincy Hwy

Oroville, CA 95966

530-534-2235

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leroy,

So I am a little confused then. If you have developer, is this app you are attempting to edit, did you start it in developer or AGOL?

As far as tutorial, not really. If you have developer you should just start a new app and select a webmap from your AGOL account that has the layers you want and then you can get into the Search Widget.js to edit the selection color.

0 Kudos
LeroyChristophersen
New Contributor II

This application was started on AGOL and then downloaded to be hosted on site. Since it's creation, several staff members have asked for modifications, such as the selection style, color and such. So as a result, I have been modifying it to meet the needs, thus the conflict or confusion.

Sounds like the best solution is to recreate the map within Developer, since it can't be downloaded into Developer, and then make the under-the-hood changes.

Leroy A. Christophersen

South Feather Water & Power Agency

2310 Oro Quincy Hwy

Oroville, CA 95966

530-534-2235

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leroy,

That is the exact needed course of action.

LeroyChristophersen
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I am into WAB Developer, but cannot find the .js that controls the color or transparency of the Search results.

When a search is performed, the found feature is selected, outlined and shaded into a rust color overlay.

I’ve checked the Widget.js in the search folder and the CSS folder as well.

Sincerely,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leroy,

Refer to this thread in the WAB space:

https://community.esri.com/thread/163700 

BrianDudek
Occasional Contributor

So disabling the selection/removing highlight is only possible in the developer environment as far as I have noticed.  This is still correct right?  I notice the Information Lookup template has it disabled, but I was attempting to do it in the web app builder on arcgis.com without any luck.  Guessing still need to set up a development/hosting environment off of arcgis online then. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Correct

ChristianBischof
Esri Contributor

Hey folks I need exactly this solution, but solved in the new ArcGIS JS API 4.15 - would be glad if anybody can help me out with this task!

0 Kudos