Can I create a WebMap from a 'Web Mapping Application'?

Jump to solution
11-05-2018 06:50 AM
GuilhermePigosso
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I have an application using the Javascript API 4.9, that want load a 'Web Mapping Application' from my organization. I created the login page, and load all itens from the Portal, so, I have the PortalItem with type='Web Mapping Application'. But when I try to create a WebMap using this PortalItem and load into a <div>, I have a error: 

1. details:
    1. type: "Web Mapping Application"
    2. __proto__: Object
  2. message: "Invalid portal item type 'Web Mapping Application', expected 'Web Map'"
  3. name: "webmap:invalid-portal-item"

So, if the object WebMap do not accept Web Mapping Application, how should I load it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A web application uses a web map most of the time, so you need to find the ID of the web map that the app uses and use that portal I’d instead.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A web application uses a web map most of the time, so you need to find the ID of the web map that the app uses and use that portal I’d instead.

GuilhermePigosso
New Contributor II

Thank you. But, doing this, when I display will not be like the app, right? I would like to have the navegation tools of the app as well.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Guilherme,

Correct it will not be like the app. Sorry that is not possible.

0 Kudos
GuilhermePigosso
New Contributor II

Robert,

Ok, thank you for the help! 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos