Attribute Inspector scrolls to top after each attribute update

04-05-2012 09:39 AM
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III
I am using the editor widget to edit a feature layer that has 10 fields. When a user updates an attribute, the attribute Inspector infoWindow scrolls back to the top.  The user then needs to scroll back down, and click in the next field.  This behavior is only exhibited if the field being exited was updated , and the user is tabbing (or mousing) into or out of a field that uses a coded value domain.  I don't see this behavior when moving from two adjacent fields that aren't associated with a domain.  This happens in both Chrome and IE8.  Has anyone seen this?  Is there a solution?  I know I can increase the size of the info window, but I would really prefer to fix the scrolling issue.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Can you reproduce this in any of the samples?
0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts
I've seen lots of samples with coded domain values, but to test there would also need to be enough fields that the AttributeInspector Infowindow needs to be scrolled.  I haven't noticed a sample like that.  Do you know of one that I can test on?
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
I'll do a couple of tests and let you know if I can repro. Will post back when I have new info.
0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts
Derek,
  Were you able to test this?
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Frequent Contributor
Not yet, it's still on the list.
0 Kudos
JeffHaney
New Contributor II
I am experiencing the same issue.  Has anyone found a solution to this?
0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts
No I never did find a solution or hear of one from Derek.  I just tried updating my application to the current ArcGIS API for Javascript (3.1), and it exhibits the same unfortunate behaviour.
0 Kudos
CarlosRodriguez1
New Contributor
I am having same problem. I am using the basicviewer template that i downloaded and am hosting. Everytime a field is updated the
popup scrolls to the top. This is very inconvenient as I have many fields that need to be updated. It only happens when updating a
field with domains. Has anyone had any luck with this issue?
0 Kudos