ArcGIS Online: Search for multipoint feature not highlighted

02-16-2016 04:18 PM
WeiHan
by
New Contributor III

When I tried the Search digit in JavaScript API with a web map created in ArcGIS Online, it seemed that the search result will be highlighted for all other type of feature layers except for multipoint layer. Is there a way to make the multipoint search result being highlighted?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

waaaaay down at the bottom of this page... Shapefiles—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

it says multipoint geometries are not supported ....

Limitations

Below are the limitations to using shapefiles in the map viewer.

• Compression formats other than a .zip archive are not supported.
  • Files containing more than 1,000 features cannot be added to a map.
  • The shapefile must be less than 10 MB in size.
  • The following features are not supported: multipatch or multipoint geometries, geometries that cross the dateline, or self-intersections in polygons. Shapefiles with these features cannot be added to a map.
  • Shapefiles cannot be dragged directly onto the map viewer; you must use the Add button in the map viewer.
0 Kudos
WeiHan
by
New Contributor III

The multipoint features on the web map are not Shapefiles but feature classes running on ArcSDE/ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ahhhh missed that in your question... perhaps you will need to check the arcSDE/ArcGIS sections to see whether multipart features are supported in some situations and not in others.  For example

this link Layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS cites limitations on input size and this one really doesn't say much about data limits only accessability ArcGIS Server web services—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
WeiHan
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Dan for the references. The puzzle is still not resolved. As I noticed that the configured popups for the multipoint layers WILL highlight the related features when you click on them. Not sure why the Search digit not show them as highlighted. currently, I enabled labels in the Search options as an alternative to show the associated points of the search result.

0 Kudos