ArcGIS JavaScript API versions and Browser compatibility

04-23-2014 11:37 AM
SimonFisher
Occasional Contributor II
Is there a matrix somewhere that shows which versions of the ArcGIS JavaScript API support what browsers?

Also, does anyone know at what version of the ArcGIS JavaScript API that IE10 was officially supported.  I am seeing IE10 crash when using ArcGIS JavaScript API version 2.8.

Thanks
Simon
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
ArcGIS JavaScript API version 3.9 is now available should you choose to move up to a more current version.
0 Kudos
BradleySnider
New Contributor III
Simon, as Michael stated, the current version of the JS API is 3.9.  Version 2.X is currently a mature product, and will no longer be supported as of June 1, 2014.  I would highly suggest migrating to version 3.9.

Brad
0 Kudos
SimonFisher
Simon, as Michael stated, the current version of the JS API is 3.9.  Version 2.X is currently a mature product, and will no longer be supported as of June 1, 2014.  I would highly suggest migrating to version 3.9.

Brad

We have already migrated the latest version of our software to utilize 3.9, but an older previous version of our software that many of our clients still utilize was left at 2.8.  I just need to know if 2.8 ever supported IE10 so I can tell clients its unsupported in that
version of our software.  There must be old documentation or a support matrix somewhere that has this info on what Js Api version
supports what browsers no?

Thanks again
Simon
0 Kudos
BradleySnider
New Contributor III
v2.8 only supports Internet Explorer 7-9.  Unfortunately, there is no matrix for version and browser support.  In the future, you can go to this link to find the SDK version you are interested in.  Download the SDK and go through the extracted folder to the jshelp folder (\arcgis_js_api\sdk\help\jshelp).  Supported browsers can be found at the top of the page.

Best,

Brad
0 Kudos
SimonFisher
v2.8 only supports Internet Explorer 7-9.  Unfortunately, there is no matrix for version and browser support.  In the future, you can go to this link to find the SDK version you are interested in.  Download the SDK and go through the extracted folder to the jshelp folder (\arcgis_js_api\sdk\help\jshelp).  Supported browsers can be found at the top of the page.

Best,

Brad

Thanks very much Brad, that info is very helpful. 
Simon
0 Kudos
BradleySnider
New Contributor III
My pleasure.  Glad to help.
0 Kudos