ArcGIS JavaScrip API 3.9 - mouse-drag events don´t work in Internet Explorer 11

05-15-2014 12:28 AM
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor
I am facing a problem with mouse-drag event form ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.9 in Internet Explorer 11 The code is below:

map.on("mouse-drag", zobraudalost);

function zobraudalost() {
    alert("test");
}

The problem is that, this event doesn´t fire at IE 11 (as well as mouse-drag-start, mouse-drag-end). But on the other browsers it works fine (IE9, Firefox, Chrome). The other problem is that other mouse events (click, mouse-move, etc) work fine on IE 11, so the problem is only with the mouse-drags.

Have ever you seen such problem? Do you know if there is some security settings in IE 11 which disable mouse drag events?

Thank you very much.
Vladimir
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeffJacobson
Occasional Contributor III
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for your question. In the meantime you can use a Meta Tag to force IE 11 to use act as an older version of IE.
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor
Dear Jeff,

thank You very much for Your answer. Ok the problem is solved in half - the alert event fires, but the proble is that even if the message box is shown I can still move with map in background which I don´t want.

But thank You very much for this progress!!!!
Vladimir
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
sounds like you still have mapnavigation enabled.  Are you disabling it on mousedown?
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
sounds like you still have mapnavigation enabled.  Are you disabling it on mousedown?
0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

I did not have set any special properties for MapNavigation. But after Your message I have tried it by edit the map constructor with smartNavigation: false (see below the full code) but this doesn´t help at IE11. The full JS app is attached too.

map = new Map("map", {
     extent : initExtent,
     fitExtent : true,
     slider : false,
     logo : false,
     maxZoom : 16,
     minZoom : 3,
     zoom : 3,
     smartNavigation: false
    });
Vladimir