Arcade, FeatureSets, and Popups

Jump to solution
09-16-2020 01:34 PM
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have two layers, Organization and Venue in a web map. 

I want to display Venue info in a popup on the Organization layer. I know I can use FeatureSetByName in Arcade, but I don’t have a lot of experience with Arcade.

There are also related records so if you click on an Organization point it could have several venues so I would like to display all that relate to the Organization name (how they are related).

In my head I imagine the popup having all the organization info (name, address, other features) that I have created in the customize popup interface. Then I would have an Arcade Expression that gave me the venue name, address, etc. This expression would show any related venue that an Organization has worked at. 

If anyone can give a sample code that would be great. If you need more info I can provide it just not sure what one might need. 

Thank you!

22 Replies
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

Xander,

Thank you so much! this is exactly what I was looking for. I had a hard time relating this data so that was probably an error on my part. I really appreciate the time you gave to help with me. I am still learning arcade and can be a little confusing at times. This gives me a better idea on how to use it. 

Thanks again!

Andrew

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi ANDREW BUTTERFIELD ,

I am glad to hear that this is what you were trying to establish. 

Could you mark the post that answered the questions as the correct answer? At this moment the thread is marked as "assumed answered". Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

Hi Xander,

Last month you helped me with this arcade popup issue (thanks again!) and I had another question for you. In the above code you have it so that if an Organization is clicked on it show the organization info and the venues they went to. How would I do it so the opposite is true, when you click on a Venue dot all the organizations that have been would show up. I tried just switch everything that relate to Org to Venue and anything Venue to Org. 

Thanks for any help!

Andrew 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi ButterfieldLECP ,

I assume that a little more will be required to get the desired result. If you can share the web map and data again ("xbakker.spx") I can have a closer look. What information of the organizations do you want to show at each venue?

0 Kudos
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

Xander,

Thank you, creating that group now. I wanted to show the Organizations Name, Type, Address and Number of Participants. I also need to figure out how to sum up all the participants. Ex, if there is a list of 4 organizations that have been to one venue, I want to have the list with name, type, address, and participants then under that have a sum of all the participants that have been to that venue. 

Thanks again! 

Andrew

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi ANDREW BUTTERFIELD ,

Let me know what the data is shared. Summing the participants should not be a problem.

0 Kudos
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

Xander,

I added you to a group I made, did you get the invite?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi ButterfieldLECP ,

I did not receive a notification. I can see if I have the group listed if you can tell me what it is called. 

0 Kudos
AndrewSD
New Contributor III

It is called GIS Edits. When I searched your user name it didn't show up but when I searched your name an account showed up.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi ButterfieldLECP ,

I just searched for "GIS Edits" and checked the groups with owners outside mi organization and the group does not appear in the list. Can you invite me using "xbakker.spx"? If you use my email or name it may be linked to one of the many other organizations that I am part of. Sorry for that.

0 Kudos