AGOL Token Expiration

Jump to solution
02-07-2014 04:17 AM
WesleyAskew
New Contributor III
I am developing Javascript applications using secured services from ArcGIS Online. I access these services through token based authentication from which the token is obtained through the following site: https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/gener...tion=15&f=json. I am wondering if it is possible to extend the expiration length of the tokens. I have tried by changing the "expiration=" in the URL to the maximum allowed. Right now, they seem to expire after ten days or so. I would like for them to atleast be valid for a year, if not permanent. Is there another method of obtaining a long lengthed token for AGOL secured services?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
hi Wesley.  the maxium duration token for ArcGIS Online is 15 days.  we are currently working on releasing a few proxy pages which will simplify the workflow of storing either a username/password or appId/appSecret to generate short-term tokens on the fly if you are interested in having an application authenticate on behalf of end users.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
hi Wesley.  the maxium duration token for ArcGIS Online is 15 days.  we are currently working on releasing a few proxy pages which will simplify the workflow of storing either a username/password or appId/appSecret to generate short-term tokens on the fly if you are interested in having an application authenticate on behalf of end users.
0 Kudos