add items to map, collectively, one at a time, per attribute id

Jump to solution
06-20-2020 05:50 PM
CamCode
New Contributor III
I have successfully been able to filter, for instance shakemaps, by attribute id - I have successfully achieved this multiple ways - but all ending with the same problem.

1.) with the where filter 2.) definition expression 3.) iterating through all attribute ids and bringing them back.

The problem: All exists for only allowing/displaying one per attribute id at a time.. my goal is to feed the attribute ids into a checkbox list (which I have done), but allowing for items via attribute id to be added to the map as they are checked, collectively, one at a time - currently I can not seem to get this to work with the aspect of having multiple or more then one appear at a time on the map - each filter or attempt results in the next item being added while at the same time the previous is replaced (only showing one at a time).

1.) i.e. the below filter (attempted logic 1) - & also here is CodePen of:

.....         function filterByID(event) {           const selectedID = event.target.getAttribute("data-id");             eqLayerView.filter = {             where: "id = '" + selectedID + "'"           };         }          view.whenLayerView(fl)           .then(function(layerView) {            eqLayerView = layerView;            eqLayerView.filter = {             where: "id = ''"           };.............

2.) i.e. another attempted logic (adding multiple at a time here, line by line, or via array):

layer.definitionExpression = "id = 'us70008jr5'",layer.definitionExpression = "id = 'cgi988jr52'",

3.) i.e. 3rd attempt with a suggestion here on GIS exchange: Loop through attribute ids of FeatureLayer

layer   .load()  .then(() => {    // create a query from the layer    const query = layer.createQuery();    query.returnDistinctValues = true;    query.where = "grid_value > 2"; // or 1=1 if you need them all    // the field you want distinct values for    query.outFields = ["id"];    return layer.queryFeatures(query);  })  .then(({ features }) => {    // extract the ids to a list    const ids = features.map(({ attributes }) => attributes.id);    return ids;  })  .then((ids) => {    // You can store them how you want, in this case,    // I put them in a dropdown select menu    const fragment = document.createDocumentFragment();    ids.forEach((id) => {      const option = document.createElement('option');      option.value = id;      option.innerText = id;      fragment.appendChild(option);    });    list.appendChild(fragment);    map.add(layer);});

All attempted logic above result in the toggling of a shakemap by attribute id to be displayed only one at a time — by toggling a new on, the previous turns off, I need the ability to have multiple being able to exist on the map at once.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
CamCode
New Contributor III

Hey Robert; hate to bug I have one last issue I am stuck on with this, wondering if you had any insight -- I am trying to maintain so that the smallest polygons are "on top" of the larger polygons consistently so that they can get clicked on.  I've created a separate question here, https://community.esri.com/message/940208-re-reorder-order-smallest-on-top-polygons-in-feature-layer... -- I have tried order by query, which updates the checkbox order, but not the drawn order, perhaps it is something with the filter -- btw, I also tried adding the order by clause within the filter as well, no errors, just no affect. It seems to be drawn in arbitrary or random order as sometimes it loads properly and yet sometimes it loads the small polygons buried behind the larger ones where they cannot be clicked.. Anything I could do here? There must be a way.

0 Kudos