10.2 Print and Web Tiled Layers

11-27-2013 04:40 AM
ChadFanguy
New Contributor III
I have set up a 10.2 server and am trying to print a map with a Web Tiled Layer.
The image produced contains the Web Tiled Layer I added to the map, but it does not have the basemap.
I also have tried added multiple Web Tiled Layers to the map and it only prints the topmost tiled layer.

I have tried a proxy and POST instead of GET requests.

Is this normal behavior or is it an option to enable multiple tiled layer printing?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum
I have set up a 10.2 server and am trying to print a map with a Web Tiled Layer.
The image produced contains the Web Tiled Layer I added to the map, but it does not have the basemap.
I also have tried added multiple Web Tiled Layers to the map and it only prints the topmost tiled layer.

I have tried a proxy and POST instead of GET requests.

Is this normal behavior or is it an option to enable multiple tiled layer printing?

my guess is they are not transparent, so it is printing them all but you can only see the top one.  What format is the tile?
0 Kudos
ChadFanguy
New Contributor III
Yes, they are not transparent, but the tiles are all png's.

The test I have used is set up with tiled layers that do not overlap.
I do not know of a test 10.2 server that ESRI provides in the samples so I cannot check if it is a problem with my server. It is a newly setup 10.2 server.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Yes, they are not transparent, but the tiles are all png's.

The test I have used is set up with tiled layers that do not overlap.
I do not know of a test 10.2 server that ESRI provides in the samples so I cannot check if it is a problem with my server. It is a newly setup 10.2 server.

pngs are transparent, so that shouldnt be the problem

the display correctly in the application right?

how are you printing?
0 Kudos
ChadFanguy
New Contributor III
Yes, they show up correctly in the web map. I am just using the default printer...

var printer = new Print({
                    map: _map,
                    url: "server"
                }, dom.byId("print"));
                printer.startup();

I checked the JSON for Export Web Map and it is sending all the layers that are on the map, but it is not showing them in the final image/pdf.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
its sounds like 10.2, while supporting webtiledlayers for print, maybe doesnt support them fully yet.  Can you open a ticket with esri?

Other than that we have to wait for Jian or Derek or Kelly etc.. to weight in
0 Kudos
ChadFanguy
New Contributor III
Thanks jeff.pace, I submitted a ticket request (process here).

Hope to see it as something minor.
0 Kudos
MandeepChauhan
New Contributor

May I know whats the status of ArcGIS printing with WebTiledLayer. For me the print I am getting have other layers but not WebTiledLayer. For a print of map with WebTiledLayer only, I am getting a blank print without any error.

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
Please let us know what they say
0 Kudos