IdentityManager in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript

07-12-2022 02:46 PM
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

I'm often asked about authentication in the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, so felt like I would put together a video on how you can use the IdentityManager to create an authentication workflow for your applications!

2 Replies
lannguyentl
New Contributor III

Thanks for explaining thing in a good way. ESRI provides a good docs, however, the sample codes and  tutorials are not really easy to understand. 

Could you please talk/write about how to use the same code to authenticate against the on-premise enterprise portal?

And how can I get your code for training purposes? I'm quite new in JS SDK world.

Kind regards,

Lan

0 Kudos
venkat856
New Contributor

Hi,

We have created a map using Arcgis Javascript sdk and we have the appID, also we have apikey for it.

We have a remote arcgis server where arcgis is installed.

When we are trying to call the APIs, initially we need to login with our credentials for the first time into arcgis server (with default proxy). We can not configure a proxy as it is a remote server and we have to pass the login credentials automatically (using Javascript). Please help us how to do this. I have tried many possible ways. But I could not proceed further. Please help me how to overcome from this issue.

we would like

Regards,

Venkatesh 

0 Kudos