Zooming in to max level using zoom widget pops user back several levels

Jump to solution
12-02-2018 03:15 PM
AdamEggum
New Contributor

When using a constraints object with maxZoom of 15, snapToZoom true (default), and a minZoom of 6, clicking the "+" icon in the zoom widget pops the zoom level back several levels.  (NOTE: you must wait for map to stop moving at level 14 before clicking the "+" icon).

See this codepen for example: https://codepen.io/anon/pen/MzxKbd

1.  Is this an arcGIS JS 4.9 bug?  If so, might it be fixed in the upcoming 4.10 release?

2.  Is there a workaround for this issue besides setting snapToZoom to false?  In my current application we are doing this, but it seems to be leading to other problems; for example, making it possible to zoom in beyond the max zoom level.  We also cannot change the minZoom and maxZoom levels.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

Debugging through the MapView Source I can see this is a bug that you need to report to esri tech support ASAP it might be able to get fixed for 4.10 which is scheduled for mid Dec.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

Debugging through the MapView Source I can see this is a bug that you need to report to esri tech support ASAP it might be able to get fixed for 4.10 which is scheduled for mid Dec.

0 Kudos
AdamEggum
New Contributor

Thanks Robert, I reported the bug.  Is the non-minified source available publicly?  I have seen a minified version here [1], but I haven't seen the source for anything besides TypeScript widgets.

1 - arcgis-js-api/MapView.js at 4master · Esri/arcgis-js-api · GitHub 

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No there is not. But reading minified code after you beautify it is not to hard. This how I verify API bugs.

Don’t forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the mark correct link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos