When does "point clustering" come?

08-22-2019 03:44 AM
deleted-user-OOe4JK-9Abnm
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have been waiting for point clustering in JS API 4.x for last 2 years. I used to say to my customers that it is comming soon as it is claimed on functionality matrix Functionality matrix | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.12 .

I would very appriciate if somebody from Esri could give me a signal when it comes.

Thanks!

24 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Don't hold your breath 🙂

New Contributor III

I'd like to hold!

I mean at clustering is the BASIC map functionality requested by many customers.I just have to say to them "it is coming".

But when I see that new 4.12 version has "water rendering" but not "point clustering" I become quite dissapointed. Why Esri?

Make the basic first, prioritize more important things, please!

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

I guess 'coming soon' means that it will come whenever Esri thinks it is time to add this functionality... 🙂

BenElan
Esri Contributor

I came across a custom solution that inherits graphics layer: https://github.com/nickcam/FlareClusterLayer 

This is not an Esri supported workflow, but it's worth a look.

New Contributor III

Thanks, Ben.  
I saw it long time ago. But I would like to have this features supported by Esri.

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Hi Denis Pokotylyuk‌, I can't give any promises, but we are currently working on this and want to have clustering in some form by 4.14 (I.e., at feature parity with 3x). There have been some exciting server/service advancements that we want to leverage in 4.x where we can. In fact, I just got out of a meeting on this very topic.

By the way, if there's anything new you'd like to see in terms of clustering, please let us know!

New Contributor III

Thank you for the clarification, Matt!
Then I would not be disappointed when 4.13 would be released.

Good luck with developing. We really need this feature!

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

I'd like clustering to be available on screen readers for accessibility. Is that also something that is being developed?

Can you add some keyboard shortcuts? I read a blog that Google Maps made these cluster maps easier to read on a screen reader. 

#accessibility#federal accessibility standards

0 Kudos
mgeorge
Esri Contributor

Hmm probably something like this would not be in the initial release, but we could look at adding this in a subsequent update. Can you talk a little bit more about what specific interaction you are looking for? Would this be the ability to tab between/expand details for different clusters using the keyboard? 

0 Kudos