What Permissions do I need to use Multi Vehicle Routing?

Jump to solution
03-02-2022 11:24 AM
ScottAndersonGQ
New Contributor III

Hi All, 

I'm posting to: https://logistics.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/VehicleRoutingProblem/GPServer/SolveVehicleR...

My token is configured to have the "Multi-vehicle routing" location service. (And all the other free tier location services). This was working 2 months ago. 

Now I am getting the response: 

{
  "error": {
    "code": 403,
    "subcode": 2,
    "message": "User does not have permissions to access 'world/vehicleroutingproblem.gpserver'.",
    "details": []
  }
}

What changed? What else do I need to configure to get this to work? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottAndersonGQ
New Contributor III

This is only an issue for the FREE tier. I can confirm that the API key created shows the Permissions of the key at the time of creation. This DOES NOT equal the same permissions the key actually has. For example: if your key was created last year, it may have more permissions available to it, than it can actually use. This was the case with Multivehicle Routing permission.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ScottAndersonGQ, were you using an apiKey for authentication? Or where does this token come from? If you're using an apiKey, I would verify that the key is still functional and still has the correct settings enabled (e.g. Services and Allowed Referrers). I have a sample app that uses the same service for VRP, and it appears to be working normally.

0 Kudos
ScottAndersonGQ
New Contributor III

Hi Noah-Sagar, 
I think I might have figured it out. My API key was created back in October when Multivehicle routing was still a part of the free tier.
I just tried to create a new API key and it doesn't allow those options anymore. I think ESRI might need to 
make a note on those API keys created before the change. 
See the two screenshots. 
Created March 2022Created March 2022Created October 2021Created October 2021

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Gotcha, good investigating. I'm not 100% sure, but hopefully this service update was shared in the relevant space(s). Glad you got the issue resolved.

0 Kudos
ScottAndersonGQ
New Contributor III

I don't remember getting an email. Also, I haven't paid for anything yet, so I don't know 100% if this is the issue. If I do, and this is..., I'll update the post. 

0 Kudos
ScottAndersonGQ
New Contributor III

This is only an issue for the FREE tier. I can confirm that the API key created shows the Permissions of the key at the time of creation. This DOES NOT equal the same permissions the key actually has. For example: if your key was created last year, it may have more permissions available to it, than it can actually use. This was the case with Multivehicle Routing permission.

0 Kudos