V4.20 - SketchViewModel - EnableScaling = false Still Allows Scaling

Jump to solution
08-05-2021 05:53 AM
AaronFortener
New Contributor

Background
Hello, I'm running into trouble with SketchViewModel.defaultUpdateOptions.enableScaling set to false... still enables the user to scale the graphic. I've created a sample codepen based off the Sketch Widget example (same behavior for SketchViewModel though), with enableSketching set to off:

https://codepen.io/gisdeveloperwithproblems/pen/OJmoeYW?editors=1000

I've attached a clip below that shows that while the resize handlers are not visible... that are apparently still active and can definitely be used.

2021-08-05_08-35-16.gif

Questions
Is there parameters I'm missing or is this considered a bug? If a bug, are there any workarounds? I could cancel on the update event for scale-start.... but that's not ideal as it deselects the graphic and still has the cursor changes even though they don't work. Furthermore, on smaller graphics, it becomes impossible to move them without scaling (which would then cancel, making the app appear to be buggy/unstable).

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoseBanuelos
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronFortener ,

This bug has been fixed for version 4.21. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,

Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseBanuelos
Esri Contributor

Hello @AaronFortener ,

Thanks for bringing up this issue. This appears to be a regression in 4.18, as it works in version 4.17. This issue was fixed in 3D, but looks like we missed this for 2D. We will look into getting this fixed soon.

Thanks,

Jose

AaronFortener
New Contributor

Do you have any kind of estimated timeline for when we could see this fix published?

0 Kudos
JoseBanuelos
Esri Contributor

Hi @AaronFortener ,

This bug has been fixed for version 4.21. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,

Jose

0 Kudos