using Web appbuilder and ArcGIS API for javascript

Jump to solution
11-14-2018 05:49 AM
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

I am a bit confuse and am all over the place as regards using web appbuilder and ArcGIS  API for javascript to Build a 3D visualization.

How can one  work with both?

what are the steps to working with ArcGIS  API for javascript? this is the most confusing as i have watch videos on youtube.. and i have seen them jump into coding all of a sudden not seeing the documentation if the 3D web app code was downloaded and coded into..i am confuse actually.

what are the steps to working with combining both if its possible or does using one negates the other?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adebisi,

WAB 3D apps are built using the JS 4.x API and WAB 2D apps are built using JS 3.x API. Since WAB is built using the JS API you can get into the WAB code (When using WAB Developer edition) and make changes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adebisi,

WAB 3D apps are built using the JS 4.x API and WAB 2D apps are built using JS 3.x API. Since WAB is built using the JS API you can get into the WAB code (When using WAB Developer edition) and make changes.

AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Thanks for the prompt reply.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos