User based Bookmarks

Jump to solution
05-21-2021 03:42 PM
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

I have some questions about making user scoped Bookmarks using the ArcGIS JS API 4.x inside a web map application. 

We have ArcGIS Enterprise and want to have Bookmarks that are associated to the users identity. So that when a user finds a location of interest they can save it for later. 

Is there a way to do this? Or are Bookmarks only setup generically for all users? 

Any information will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

@RYANCARL- Bookmarks are typically stored within the webmap, so not for each user - unless they make a copy of the webmap.

For a custom app, you could create/store bookmarks in whichever way you want (and then use to populate the Bookmarks widget), but that would be your own custom code.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

@RYANCARL- Bookmarks are typically stored within the webmap, so not for each user - unless they make a copy of the webmap.

For a custom app, you could create/store bookmarks in whichever way you want (and then use to populate the Bookmarks widget), but that would be your own custom code.

RYANCARL
New Contributor III

@BjornSvensson Thank you for getting back to me. 

Does the ArcGIS JS API need a developer license from https://developers.arcgis.com/ when we have the ArcGIS Enterprise licenses and are setup on an isolated environment? 

I am trying to wrap my head around the JS API documentation in regards to the API token and how it needs to be associated to a portal. 

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
RYANCARL
New Contributor III

Thank you

0 Kudos