Touch screen doesn´t respond with Javascript API 3.25

08-14-2018 10:45 AM
ViridianaGómez_Olivera
New Contributor

Hi!

I have a problem with an application that uses API 3.25, when we use it in a touch device (not mobile, only monitor computers) this doesn´t work with the pan or zoom using the fingers on the screen; this only occurs in Google Chrome. Previously, this worked fine and we don´t had any problem. We have another application that uses API 4.8 and this work fine. I have tried using:

map.enablePinchZoom; 

And:

map = new Map("map",
{
center: [-95, 30],
zoom: 5,
basemap: "streets",
isPinchZoom: true
});

And this doesn´t work. This problem is related to Google Chrome? or is something related to the API? Could you help me please?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like this has been fixed at 3.26:

What's new in Version 3.26 | Guide | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.26 

• BUG-000116101: Fixed an issue when using a touch device and panning in Google Chrome browser using Android 9 OS did not work.
0 Kudos
BrianHennessey1
New Contributor II

This is a problem again with 3.26 and Chrome version > 70. 

0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

Brian Hennessey‌, can you provide more details to help us reproduce that problem? Is it only with 3.26, or also with 3.27?  
We tested this with Chrome 71 (and Google Canary 73) on several devices and monitors and can not reproduce this.

LStroupe
New Contributor III

We are having this issue when using JavaScript API 3.28 & Google Chrome on Android devices only. Any progress on fixing this? Thank you

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

I just tested a variety of 3.28 samples on a Samsung Galaxy s8 (Android 9) with Chrome (75.0.3770.101) and they all seem to work fine.

What specific versions of device, OS, and Chrome are showing this issue?

0 Kudos
LStroupe
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply! It turns out, our Portal Server had an old version of WAB Deployed with an old JSAPI library setup. Our custom apps were somehow referencing this internal API and causing the issue. This has been fixed and we are no longer having this issue, thanks again!

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Great! Glad to hear it is working now.

0 Kudos