ToolTip Dialog for Points

Jump to solution
12-23-2014 06:43 AM
CraigLinn
New Contributor III

I am using this sample Feature layer hover | ArcGIS API for JavaScript  I have modified it to work with a points layer. I was curious if anyone had a suggestion on clearing the dialog after cursor moves off the point. The dialog box seems to not disappear I have tried making the points bigger without much success.  I wanted to use an info template however I hit a road block with the mouse click event when trying to incorporate it into my bigger application that uses the closest facility sample. Attached is sample code that pulls in a point feature service.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Craig,

The sample you mentioned is using graphics to show the tooltip dialog.  In your example, you are using a Feature Layer.  So, you will just need to update the map's 'load' event to call the feature layer's 'mouse-out' event.  Ex:

map.on("load", function(){
          FarmerMarket.on("mouse-out", closeDialog);          
});

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Craig,

The sample you mentioned is using graphics to show the tooltip dialog.  In your example, you are using a Feature Layer.  So, you will just need to update the map's 'load' event to call the feature layer's 'mouse-out' event.  Ex:

map.on("load", function(){
          FarmerMarket.on("mouse-out", closeDialog);          
});
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That sample does have a bug, though. If you move the cursor though the InfoWindow into another county, the previous county stays highlighted.

infobug.png

0 Kudos