Time-aware FeatureLayer, click queries not time-aware?

05-04-2020 05:28 PM
AaronAverett1
New Contributor II

I'm working on an application that contains three time-aware feature layers in a MapView, with the time extent being controlled by the time slider widget.  Each FeatureLayer has a PopupTemplate set, so that when the user clicks on the map, it performs a query for nearby features and invokes the popup*.

Everything is working properly, except that there isn't any filtering for features that occurred outside of the MapView's selected time window, so the user will intend to click on what appears to be a single marker for an event that occurred in his desired time window, and will be presented with data for both that event, and potentially many others that occurred outside the desired time window.  Frequently, the marker that's visible on the map isn't even the first one shown.

I've read and reread the docs for both the PopupTemplate and FeatureLayer classes, and I don't see any way of explicitly telling it that I only want the pseudo-identify popup query to include features that are actually being displayed on the map.  The only API feature I can see that's even close to what I want is the FeatureLayer's "useViewTime" property, which I've tried setting to true explicitly, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

So, how can make it so that when the user clicks on the map, only features that are actually being shown on the map right now appear in the callout?

*As an aside, does this pseudo-identify feature have a name?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
UndralBatsukh
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there, 

You are running into a known issue. The popup will display info for all overlapping features at this time. We are aware of this issue and will have a solution in a future release. I will let you know once we have a fix for this. 

-Undral

0 Kudos