Strange behavior using a JavaScript sample

Jump to solution
04-09-2018 01:00 AM
CarstenAndersson
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

I'm quite new at using the JavaScript 4.0 API. I've based my page on the sample: ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox. But, when I click between "Scene" and "Map" it behaves strange. Clicking the "Map" on the navigate bar on the top, it changes the to 2D map view and zooms all the way in. Why is that? I then click "Scene" and nothing happens.

I've also tried to just go to the sample page (link above) and run it, and the same thing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated 🙂 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Looks like this will be fixed in the next release of the SDK. In the meantime I put the working code on jsbin here: 

JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carsten,

There is nothing you are doing wrong. There are errors in that sample that are causing the issue.

khutchins-esristaffalaframboise-esristaff

CarstenAndersson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert.

Thanks for the reply 🙂

Are you aware of this being fixed by Esri in the near future? I've search the web trying to find anyone, who has corrected this but didn't find anything.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carsten,

I tagged a couple of people that should be able to get this fixed.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Looks like this will be fixed in the next release of the SDK. In the meantime I put the working code on jsbin here: 

JS Bin - Collaborative JavaScript Debugging 

CarstenAndersson
Occasional Contributor

You saved my day 🙂 Thanks!

0 Kudos
CarstenAndersson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kelly.

I've just noticed that if I try this out in IE 11 the zoom + compass widgets disappears when going from Map to Scene and back to Map.

0 Kudos