Sketch widget freehand mode and panning issue

01-19-2021 07:53 AM
parmsang
New Contributor II

When using the Sketch widget and setting its mode to 'freehand', I am no longer able to pan/drag using the mouse when I have started drawing a poly-line but not completed that line.

I realize it is still possible to pan using the arrow keys, however I would like to be able to pan using the mouse. Can you please advise if this is still possible when using the 'freehand' mode?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mvasaya
New Contributor

Hey Parmsang!

Have you tried holding down the "C" button on the keyboard? Holding down C allows you to "pause" sketching while you pan/zoom without drawing!

0 Kudos
parmsang
New Contributor II

HI Mvasaya,

Something like this would be ideal, however holding the "C" button on the keyboard does not work. I have tried it with this example too https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/sketch-geometries/index.html - Note that I have a webapp using ArcGIS 4.17.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
NilsBabel1
Occasional Contributor

It appears that this is "fixed" in v 4.20.  However, they broke the sketch widget in the process.  Now you can pan when you drag but it won't freehand sketch anymore.  It's completely broken.  Unless there is some trick I don't know about.  Holding down the C button has  no effect.  Esri, is this a known bug? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos