Search Widget - "Invalid URL"

Jump to solution
08-17-2015 11:11 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Trying to use the Search widget for the first time and I'm getting an "Invalid URL" as I start to type in the widget. The service itself works since I can use it via the REST directory:

searchWidgetExample.jpg

I'm modeling my code partly after what's in this thread (April 22nd by John Ritsko). Anyways here's my code:

var s = new Search({
        map: app.map,
        sources: [{
            locator: new Locator(SERVERPATH + "/transportation/StreetsGeocder/GeocodeServer"),
            singleLineFieldName: "Single Line Input",
            name: "County Geocoding Service",
            localSearchOptions: {
                minScale: 300000,
                distance: 50000},
            placeholder: "Search for Street / Address",
            maxResults: 3,
            maxSuggestions: 6,
            enableSuggestions: true,
            minCharacters: 0
        }]
    },"search");
    s.startup();

Here's the error in the console:

searchError.jpg

I've tried both an absolute URL to the Geocoder service as well as the relative pathing as shown above. So what gives?

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried debugging your code to see the resulting URL on the request? It may be incorrect... I would also have a look at capturing the web traffic using Fiddler - this could shine some light on the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Have you tried debugging your code to see the resulting URL on the request? It may be incorrect... I would also have a look at capturing the web traffic using Fiddler - this could shine some light on the issue.

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Chris. Your response led me in the right direction. I was fixated on the front part of the URL and didn't notice that the actual operation it was requesting ("suggest") did not exist. When I switched the "enableSuggestions" option to false in the constructor, the widget worked as it should.

I need to re-create the geocoder in 10.3 to get it to work with suggestions. Thanks, though!

Steve