arr.push(htr.graphic);
             view.popup.open({
                 features: arr 
             }); 
         }
       } 
      }); 
});‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

I'm using the above hitTest function to check wether the user clicked on a feature that is overlapped by a query result feature and open its popup. It is working fine but when clicking on two or more features at the same time i want the arrow to appear in the popup, so the user can switch through. Is it possible to return more than one result?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

No the hit test will return one graphic. If you need to get the overlapping graphics you have to do a query using the click point as the queries geometry.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

No the hit test will return one graphic. If you need to get the overlapping graphics you have to do a query using the click point as the queries geometry.

TVlasschaert
New Contributor II

I have such a query working client-side for any given FeatureLayerView, but how to do the same for a GraphicsLayerView?  GraphicsLayerView supports a queryGraphics() method, but this simply returns all records and there is no way to do a client-side filter that leverages a spatial index (geographically comparing all graphics would be too slow).

The MapView.hitTest doc indicates, "At 4.22 and later, a hit test will return *all* graphics from GraphicsLayer that intersect the specified coordinates.".   I'm using version 4.22.2 and in my testing it is only returning a single graphic from the GraphicsLayer, and I don't see any option to affect this.  IMO the doc seems to be misleading?

I need to use a GraphicsLayer because I want to create a unique CIMSymbol for each feature depending on multiple attributes / complex logic.

0 Kudos