"query-limit-exceeded" event in JSAPI 4.6?

02-26-2018 12:56 AM
KevinHaeni
New Contributor III

In JSAPI 3.x, it was possible to react to a layer having more features than the services feature limit by 

this.layer.on('query-limit-exceeded', function(evt) {
    // too many features found
});

How can this be done in JSAPI 4.x? I cannot find a corresponding event neither in the API reference, the TypeScript typings nor in the .js source code.

PS. I'm not using a queryTask, but really just a feature layer that has been loaded to the map.

Thanks and best regards

Kevin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

I believe that the JS API Team is now handling this internally in the API. Use methods like feature tiling and such. Have you seen an issue with your layer not returning all the features it should?

0 Kudos
KevinHaeni
New Contributor III

Hello Robert

Yes, we have encountered an issue due to which some features are not displayed in zoomlevel 15 and 16, but are displayed in any other zoom level. 

The missing features are not even present in the response from the arcgis mapservice. When clicking on the non-existing point in the map though, the popup is displayed.

I failed to offer a working sample yet because the layer is only accessible internally, so I might have to publish a smaller example to arcgis online if you haven't heard of this problem before. Also I want to make sure first that this behaviour isn't caused by some caching/index problem.

Kevin

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

What is the max records setting on the map service you are using set to in ArcGIS Manager?

0 Kudos
KevinHaeni
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

I have tried different settings, for example setting it to 15'000. We have 11'500 features in this table. The problems occurs in a zoomlevel that only shows a small subset of the features though, maybe 150 points.

Kevin

0 Kudos