"phantom clusters" in JSAPI 4.15

Jump to solution
05-23-2020 05:06 PM
JohnCartwright3
New Contributor II

Hello All,

I'm using the "cluster" featureReduction in JSAPI 4.15 against a hosted featurelayer with ~750K points.  I have a popup configured on the clustered layer using the cluster_count variable.  This works fine in most of the cases, but there are a few examples where clicking on the cluster produces no popup - it's like the feature isn't there.  I can't find a pattern to explain why some clusters respond to the click and others don't.  Can someone please help me?

Here's my sample code and you can view it live here (zoom out to view the clusters rather than the individual features).

Thanks!

--john

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

ok. So we have it fixed, but it won't make it into our 4.16 July release. It will be available in September/4.17. We're doing some major rendering refactoring that was too risky to install in 4.16. That work fixed this issue.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue with your code. Can you provide a reproducible workflow, like where to pan to a particular cluster, perhaps using a video or some other way? I know you said you can't find a pattern, but I'm not able to see this behavior at all. Also, which browser are you using?

0 Kudos
JohnCartwright3
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Kristian.  I can reproduce the issue with a cluster just off Long Beach (33.721365°N, 118.131728°W).  I've modified the sample to center on that point and init at the zoom level to show it.

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks. I can reproduce now. Going to look into it.

0 Kudos
JohnCartwright3
New Contributor II

Hi Kristian,

any progress on this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

We're still looking at it. We also noticed other odd popup behavior. I thought a previous install would fix this particular case along with the other issues, but this one still appears to be broken.

0 Kudos
KristianEkenes
Esri Regular Contributor

ok. So we have it fixed, but it won't make it into our 4.16 July release. It will be available in September/4.17. We're doing some major rendering refactoring that was too risky to install in 4.16. That work fixed this issue.

JohnCartwright3
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update. I'll look forward to trying it in the 4.17 release.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Don't forget you can also test against the "next" version of Javascript:

Wait wait, what’s next?

Do you enjoy the bleeding edge of technology? If so, ArcGIS API for JavaScript – next may be for you. We announced this new feature a couple of release ago, but since we’re all scrambling for things to do at home, this seems like an opportune moment to revisit. It’s basically a weekly-ish build of the next version (e.g. if the current release is 4.16, then next is based on 4.17) of the API that you can use, test, and create issues for if you are so inclined. Probably best to only use for testing as things can change whenevs.

https://github.com/Esri/feedback-js-api-next

(from https://community.esri.com/community/developers/web-developers/arcgis-api-for-javascript/blog/2020/0...)

0 Kudos