Print Service not working as expected

06-17-2021 12:01 AM
ADITYAKUMAR1
Occasional Contributor III

HI Users,

I am using print service from ArcGIS Server 10.7. After printing, the colors are not coming in the way they should come.

ADITYAKUMAR1_0-1623912868030.png

This is the map and when I print using print map service I get the below image

ADITYAKUMAR1_1-1623912947557.png

And at times it's not even printing the layers,it just prints the map with base layer. No layers are printed.

The map service is not a public service. But when I try with the print service provided by ESRI it works fine. Any configuration that needs to be done in the server?

Thanks

Aditya kumar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ADITYAKUMAR1, thanks for the question. So it sounds like the map prints correctly with the Esri utility print service, but you are seeing issues with your custom print service? Was your print service published from ArcMap, or ArcGIS Pro? You want to use a print service published from ArcGIS Pro.

For print service publishing/sharing troubleshooting, I would recommend this doc:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/tutorial-publish-additional-...

Another troubleshooting step you can take is to make sure that the layers are included in the export_webmap request by inspecting the execute request in the browser developer tools network tab.

0 Kudos
ADITYAKUMAR1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply @Noah-Sager  In our case, we are using Print service from ArcMap.

Yes,the map prints correctly with the Esri utility print service, but you are seeing issues with our custom print service

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

I think the issue is that the custom print service was published from ArcMap. Can you try republishing with ArcGIS Pro? We have a some known limitations with publishing print services from ArcMap.

0 Kudos