Print performance is not the same everytime.

08-17-2020 09:08 AM
ADITYAKUMAR1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on ArcGIS JavaScript 3.x. I have print which behaves differently.

Sometimes the print works fine while sometimes the print throws error.

You can check the above the screenshot. It's the same extent and same location. Still at one point the print works while for another request it does not work.

Below is the error comes when print fails.

Any suggestion on this will be of great help.

Thanks

Aditya Kumar

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aditya, sorry to hear about this. If you're using an Esri hosted print service, there can be issues when there are a lot of requests/network traffic at that time. The best bet is to consume your own hosted print service. I would also recommend upgrading to using the 4x version of the API.

Couple questions:

1) Is the print service locally hosted, or is it the sampleServer6 print service, or the ArcGIS Online utility print service?

2) Does the behavior change when the app is hosted on a fully qualified domain, instead of from localhost?

3) Have you tried the Print widget with the 4.16 version of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript?

ArcGIS API for JavaScript Sandbox 

4) If you remove the proxy, does the issue persist?

0 Kudos
ADITYAKUMAR1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the response. In ArcGIS Manager I have increased the pooling size of the print service. Now its working

Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Nice, I didn't even think of that. Thanks for posting your solution here, and feel free to mark this question as answered, even if you provided the answer yourself.