Print Output is blank

09-19-2019 02:05 PM
JarellPerez
New Contributor

According to the PrintTask | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.12 documentation it is not currently possible to print labels with FeatureLayers using a printing service published from ArcMap. Our project requires that labels be printed, so I switched over to a printing service publish from ArcGIS Pro...however the output is blank when I try to run it in 4.12, but not in a web app builder demo which runs in 3.x. Any clues? 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jarell, sorry to hear about the trouble. Is the output totally blank, or is it just that labels are not printing?

Also, one of the other limitations is that the version of Server that the FeautureLayer is hosted on must be 10.5.1 or later. What version of Server are you using?

Lastly, what happens if you use the AGO printing service?

Task: Export Web Map Task 

Here's a sample that prints a labeled FeatureLayer, maybe you can just swap in your layer and test.

sample

https://codepen.io/noash/pen/yLBZbWz 

0 Kudos
JarellPerez3
New Contributor

The output is totally blank (besides my print template).

I am using 10.6.1.

It seems to print perfectly normal when I'm using the AGO printing service. However it's not working when I'm using the default portal print service and the custom print service.

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

It sounds like a problem with the print service(s). What do you see in the network traffic when you inspect the response to the export webmap request? 

What happens if you just try to print a basemap with the default portal print service or the custom print service?

0 Kudos