Popup Template: Left Aligned Title

Jump to solution
09-18-2018 01:20 PM
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

The title in the popup is currently centered. Is there a way I can get this to be left aligned?

The popup is docked. And there's nowhere in the CSS section to style it?

var view = new MapView({
                    container: "viewDiv",
                    map: map,
                    scale: 700000,
                    center: [-87.85, 41.5],
                    popup: {
                        dockEnabled: true,
                        dockOptions: {
                            // Disables the dock button from the popup
                            buttonEnabled: false,
                            // Ignore the default sizes that trigger responsive docking
                            breakpoint: false,
                            top,
                        }
                    }
                });
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should get used to using the Developer Tools of your browser. You can inspect elements, look at the CSS rules that affect them, and modify them to see how that changes the page. In your case, you have the header set to use "text-align: 'center'".

Turning that off affects not only the popup title, but the title of your page

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jared,

You must have some css rule that is overriding the default behavior then. When creating a fresh vanilla app using 4.8 and docking the popup, I always see the popup title left aligned...

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert,

I can't see anything in the CSS that would be related to the popup. Here's a link to the webpage in case you'd like to check it out. It's all one big HTML file.

I've tried undocking it, but the title is still centered. I've tried it without the graphic used to outline the feature layer, but no difference. I haven't taken out all elements related to the popup and started over. I might have to, however.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jared,

You have this css rule which is way to unspecific. So line 4 centers any dom header node.

header {
    background-color: whitesmoke;
    padding: 1px;
    text-align: center;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-family: 'Sans Serif';
    color: black;
}‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should get used to using the Developer Tools of your browser. You can inspect elements, look at the CSS rules that affect them, and modify them to see how that changes the page. In your case, you have the header set to use "text-align: 'center'".

Turning that off affects not only the popup title, but the title of your page

JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks to you both. I just realized at the same time it was the the header in the CSS that was causing the problem. I'll have to adjust this.

0 Kudos