Override graphics style - Search Widget

Jump to solution
04-03-2015 12:35 PM
GeoffSchwitzgebel
New Contributor

I am currently working on customizing the Simple Viewer javascript template and was wondering the best way to change the graphic color on a result from the new Search Widget (on a feature service)?  I have found the location of the default color settings, basic.js, but am trying to figure out the best way to override these settings.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok now I see. Then you'll need to create a new symbol and set it as the map's info window default fill symbol. For example this line sets it to a transparent black color.  Note that if your code doesn't already load the esri/symbols/SimpleFillSymbol and esri/Color modules you'll need to load them.

this.map.infoWindow.set("fillSymbol", new SimpleFillSymbol().setColor(new esriColor([0,0,0,.4])));

For the simple viewer template a good spot to add that code would be right after the line that adds the light class to the map's info window at approximately line 285 of main.js.

I've attached an updated main.js file that contains the updates.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins

If you just want to modify the color of the results from the search you can add the following rule to the application's css file.

.arcgisSearch .searchMenu{
color: #F0F;
}

In the above example the search results will now be magenta.

0 Kudos
GeoffSchwitzgebel
New Contributor

Kelly,

I want to change the color of polygon graphics returned by a successful search.  The current result is orange (227,139,79,0.8).  I'm not sure if this can be done with CSS or not.

SearchPolyGraphics.jpg

Thanks,

Geoff

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Ok now I see. Then you'll need to create a new symbol and set it as the map's info window default fill symbol. For example this line sets it to a transparent black color.  Note that if your code doesn't already load the esri/symbols/SimpleFillSymbol and esri/Color modules you'll need to load them.

this.map.infoWindow.set("fillSymbol", new SimpleFillSymbol().setColor(new esriColor([0,0,0,.4])));

For the simple viewer template a good spot to add that code would be right after the line that adds the light class to the map's info window at approximately line 285 of main.js.

I've attached an updated main.js file that contains the updates.

0 Kudos
GeoffSchwitzgebel
New Contributor

Thanks!

Geoff

0 Kudos