No PopUp Info in Chrome

03-29-2021 06:26 PM
FranciscoCastillo1
New Contributor III

Hi, Everyone!

I wonder what's happening with my PopUp Windows because suddenly started to fail when I use Chrome browser and it works fine in Brave and IE. Is there something with the new Chrome update? I developed an app with ArcGIS API 3.23.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings!

Tags (2)
25 Replies
ShadCampbell
New Contributor III

Additional Info... issue is also present with apps we built with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition version 2.4 (JSAPI v. 3.20) but works fine with the latest version 2.19 of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition (JSAPI v. 3.35). 

ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@ShadCampbell , thank you.

Have you checked the zoom scale of the browser? Is it set to anything above 100%?

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia
ShadCampbell
New Contributor III

@ShelleySchott- Yes, popup does not work unless Chrome scale is set at exactly 100%.  Again, it's odd because it's only happening on some PC's, but is randomly increasing among users.   I have had 6-7 calls today about it from people who said it was working yesterday and had 3-4 calls yesterday from people who said it worked the day before.  Clearing the cache does not seem to have an affect one way or the other.  I have 2 PC's in my office... popups are working at all Chrome zoom levels on one but only at 100% on the other.  Same version of Chrome. 

ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@ShadCampbell , Thank you for this info.

This is exactly which has been reported by our users.

If the zoom scale is not set to 100%, the popups will not be seen. If the zoom scale is set to 100%, the popups work fine. Clearing the browser cache also made no different. 

The first time we experienced this was last week Friday.

I am in the process of raising an Esri inc support case to see if there is a fix.

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia
cmarco77c
New Contributor II

Same problem described above.

With Windows 10 and Chrome 89 identify/popup not working, even if Chrome scale is 100% or not.

We are using webapps with stantard librarie from a local ArcGIS Portal.

Only sometimes (random) click on polygons trigger popup but rarely and not reappear if reclick inside same polygon.

Seems click event not triggered.

With same Chrome version (89) issue is not present on Windows server 2012.

No issues with firefox/Edge, only problems with Chrome 89 + Win10.

Dan
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Please see the post below.  We were experiencing this issue recently as well with any map click event in Chrome - intermittent and only for some users.  Upgrading to JSAPI 3.35 solved it for us.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-api-for-javascript/javascript-api-3x-map-click-event-intermitte...

cmarco77c
New Contributor II

Thanks for your feedback, I see the post you mention and seems have the right solution.

How can we upgrade ArcGIS Portal JS without installing a new version ?

JoePlattner
New Contributor III

We are having the same issue.  Impacts some users not others on this version of chrome. Interestingly it's not limited to ArcGIS. We have a 3rd party application called GeoCortex Essentials. The same thing is happening on that application as well. 

Dan
by
Occasional Contributor

This bug appears to occur only when the user's browser scale or Windows display is not set to 100%. 

I wouldn't be surprised if GeoCortex Essentials is using the ArcGIS Javascript API 3.30 or older.

Please see this thread as well: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-api-for-javascript/javascript-api-3x-map-click-event-intermitte...

JoePlattner
New Contributor III

In browsing posts about this, I saw posts and tested the browser scale at 100% but that didn't work. However I had missed that about the Windows display  needing to be at 100% as well. Just tested it. My Windows display was at 125%. Changed it to 100, and now the pop ups are working.

Thank You.

0 Kudos